Home Remedies to Increase Hemoglobin Level
Hemoglobin is the iron rich protein molecule in red blood cells. Its responsible for carrying oxygen from the lungs to the body's tissues. It also sends carbon dioxide from the tissues to to the lungs. Hemoglobin plays an important role in building a healthy body. Hemoglobin Level should always be normal in the blood. It also helps in in maintaining the shape of the red blood cells. If hemoglobin level becomes very low,it is diagnosed as anemia. Low hemoglobin levels during pregnancy or periods is normal in women. There are various natural home remedies that are effective in making the hemoglobin level normal.
Symptoms of Low Hemoglobin
- Shortness of breath
- Pale skin
- Brittle nails
- Rapid heartbeat
- Poor appetite
Causes of Low Hemoglobin
- Deficiencies of iron, folic acid, and vitamins C and B12.
- Kidney problems
- Stomach ulcers
- Blood loss from surgery
- Frequent blood donation
- Diseases affecting the bone marrow
- Diseases of the digestive tract
Eat Iron-Rich Foods
There are many causes of iron deficiency. Iron is one of the most common cause of low hemoglobin levels. Iron plays an important role in the production of hemoglobin.
- Consume iron rich foods including liver, spinach, almonds, dates, lentils, red meat, shrimp, tofu, fortified almonds, oysters and asparagus.
- You can also consult your doctor before taking the iron rich food.
Increase Vitamin C Intake
Deficiency of vitamin C can also cause low hemoglobin levels. So eating vitamin C rich food is the solution for it. Iron gets absorbed by the body easily with the help of this vitamin C.
- Eat vitamin C rich food like papaya, broccoli, grapefruit, tomatoes, oranges, lemon, strawberries, bell peppers, and spinach.
- You can also consult your doctor before taking the vitamin C rich food.
Take Folic Acid
Folic acid is very helpful to make red blood cells. Lack of folic acid in the body can cause a low hemoglobin level.
- Eat food contains folic acid are green leafy vegetables, liver, rice, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, fortified cereals, peanuts, bananas, broccoli and liver.
- You can also consult your doctor before taking the folic acid food.
Apple contains many health benefits. It is very helpful to keep your hemoglobin level normal. Apples are highly rich in iron that is needed for a healthy hemoglobin count.
- Eat at least one apple with its skin everyday.
- You can also drink a glass of apple and beetroot juice. If you want you can add a little ginger or lemon juice in it.
- Drink this juice 1-2 times daily.
Beetroot is highly beneficial to increase hemoglobin levels. Its very helpful in increasing red blood cells of the body. It is highly rich in folic acid, fiber, iron and potassium. Beetroot is a very effective remedy for increasing hemoglobin count.
- Take 1-2 beetroots along with their peels in a microwave or roast them on the stove. Peel them before eating.
- You can make a juice with one beetroot, three carrots and half sweet potato. Drink it once everyday.
This home remedy is very useful to fight anemia. Blackstrap Molasses increases the hemoglobin level. Blackstrap molasses is highly rich in iron, folate and various B vitamins. It plays an important role to increase red blood cell effectively.
- Add two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses with apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this mixture once everyday.
Pomegranate has various health benefits. It is packed with iron, calcium, protein, carbohydrates and fiber. It can help increasing the hemoglobin level in the blood. It helps in making healthy blood in the body.
- Include a pomegranate or pomegranate juice everyday in your diet.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm milk with two teaspoons of dried pomegranate seed powder everyday.
Start doing exercise everyday if you have a low hemoglobin level. When you exercise, the body generates more hemoglobin. It is one of the effective home remedy for increasing hemoglobin level.
- Oxygen consuming activities are very suggested like aerobic exercises.
- Likewise incorporate some quality training to build muscle mass and fight fatigue.