8 Home Remedies for Sunburn
Sunburn is the most evident sign that you have been sitting outside for a really long time. Yet, sun harm isn't generally obvious. Under the surface, bright light can change your DNA, rashly maturing your skin. Sunburn is caused by the sun's ultraviolet rays. Too much exposure to sun light can harm your skin, turning it red and irritated. If the burn is severe, you may get symptoms like swelling and sunburn blisters. You may even get the symptoms like flu, feverish, nausea, headache, and weakness. Sunburn also can cause skin cancers, including deadly melanoma,a deadly form of skin cancer.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for sunburn.
Baking Soda contains alkaline and antiseptic properties.It helps to soothe sunburned skin and get relief from the itchy sensation caused by sunburn.
- Make a paste of 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda with enough water. Apply the paste directly on the sunburn skin using a cotton ball. Keep it on for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this remedy once or twice a day until you see the result.
- You can also add one cup of baking soda in bath tub and mix well. Soak yourself in the water for about 10-15 minutes. Then allow your body to become dry. Do this once everyday until you get the results.
Aloe vera is very beneficial for your skin. It contains
anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that help to get relief from
pain and irritation caused by sunburn.
- Extract the fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Keep the gel in the fridge for half an hour.
- Apply the gel on the sunburned skin.
- Keep it till its dry and absorbed by the skin completely.
- Do this 5-6 times daily for few days.
properties of Black are very effective for treating irritated and
sunburned skin. Tannins present in black Tea is helpful to protect the
skin from UV rays and reduce inflammation. It also helps in keeping the
skin's pH balance.
- Make black tea with out adding sugar and strain it.
- Soak a cloth in the black tea and dab it on the affected skin using a cotton ball.
- Wait until it dries completely.
- Apply 3-4 times a day and wash it off.
- Follow this everyday for a few days until your sunburn reduce.
Oatmeal is also very helpful to treat sunburned skin. It's soothing properties help reduce irritation from sunburn and moisturize the skin.
- Add one cup of oatmeal in bath tub and mix well. Soak yourself in the water for 20-30 minutes. Then allow your body to become dry. Do this once everyday until you get the results.
- Boil oatmeal in some water to make a thick paste. Make it cool completely and then apply it gently to the effected skin. Keep it on the skin for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water. Follow this remedy 2-3 times a day for its effectiveness.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar acts as an astringent in sunburn skin. Apple cider vinegar contains the soothing property that helps reduce the sunburn pain and also heal it quickly. Also, the acidic property of apple cider vinegar helps to reduce irritation and inflammation.
- Mix a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bathtub. It is better to use lukewarm water.
- Soak yourself in this water for about 30 minutes.
- It helps in quick healing. Do this home remedy once everyday.
Cold compresses are very useful to reduce inflammation and pain caused by sunburn. You can apply it on the affected area.
- Take a ice pack or use 5-6 ice cubes in a cloth.
- Keep the ice pack over the affected area for some time.
- Repeat this several times a day till you get relief.
Milk contains the soothing power on the skin. Milk also contains anti-inflammatory property that give you relief from various symptoms of sunburn.
- Add one cup of skim milk in 3-4 cups of chilled water.
- Dip cotton balls in the solution and dab it on the affected sunburned area for 30 minutes.
- Then make your skin with a soft cloth.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day until the pain and irritation reduces.
Coconut oil helps in nourishing the skin.It act as an very good moisturizer to reduce the symptoms of sunburn. It also works as an antioxidant, which helps reduce inflammation associated with sunburn. Coconut oil works very effectively for sunburn.
- Heat Coconut oil Slightly.
- Apply the oil on the affected area and softly massage it.
- Do this 2-3 times everyday for few days to promote healing.